2013年5月6日星期一

new Cocktail Dresses Australia

I am looking for examples of fashion designers/artists who found a second career (if at least temporarily) as textile designers. They do not have to have been successful for very long as textile designers. My focus is on textiles created after 1990.

I have so far identified Todd Oldham (who recently designed furniture for La-Z-Boy), and Rifat Ozbek with his new  Cocktail Dresses Australia line of pillows. It is especially interesting if these designers continue to work within their same aesthetic.

It would also be interesting to hear about other examples of designers who found success in textile design after moving away from an earlier career focus.

I have been looking for years for a pair of eyeglass frames like the ones Harry Caray used to wear, or the type Larry David's TV father wears. You know, the thick black boxy "television sets" that seem to be worn by older types in the entertainment business. I've come up empty handed, even after asking several eyeframe dealers. I suppose I could just fly down to Boca Raton and ask a wearer in person, but does anyone have a a name or manufacturer or style for these type of classes?


A few years ago, I had a girlfriend who (gently) took me to task about my wardrobe and made a few suggestions as  Prom Dresses   to how I could look better. I could see the difference after I'd tried a few new outfits, but I'm not very good at coming up with them myself, and I'm not very good at knowing what looks good and what has to change. It recently popped into my head that I could hire someone to help me out with this, but I know absolutely nothing about how to do so--although I hope MeFi harbors someone who does. Can you help me? [more inside]

posted by tellumo

FashionFilter: Where can I buy an imitation leather men's jacket that doesn't look stupid? Do such things exist? I like leather a lot from the appearance standpoint, but while I eat meat, I don't see the consumption of leather or fur as particularly wholesome. Whenever I've http://www.bridesmaiddressau.com/   tried Googling such things, the only jackets I ever find are bomber jackets, which are not my style -- I'd prefer something cleaner and more modern. Internet sites are fine, but serious bonus points for actual stores in New York City. And how much can I reasonably expect to pay for such a thing?

没有评论:

发表评论